Sunday 12 August 2012

And the winners are...

And can I just say, I loved the variety of answers. I was clearly living in a shallow world when I posed the question because I was thinking I'd have a quilt shop built next to my house with no till so everything was free. But then a lot of your answers were serious so my sensible answer would be to take religions out of the equation because I think they build barriers and misconceptions, and wars have been fought over them.

Anyway, back to trivia; the five winners:

No 1. 



 

No. 2



No. 3



No.4



And finally, number 5






As soon as I have your snail mail addresses, I shall pass them on to Empress Mills and your goodies will be on their way.



And because I can't do a post without a picture(s) here are some from the last few days. I feel very lucky to live in a corner of the world that has all this on my doorstep. When the sun shines it is hard to beat.








Oh look, a solar powered Queen who, when she gets enough sun does a royal wave.






13 comments:

  1. Oh funny. I was reading the winners and thinking 'Yay Charlotte', and then 'Yay Helen' - for those bloggers I know. And then it was 'Yay me!' What a surprise and thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!! Thank you - I'm thrilled! Oh, and I love your photos - I love Teesside but that makes me want to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, looking at the brasserie items....what I wouldn't give for a caramel and sea salt macaroon! And I have a friend who just bought a house and loves all things English. Guess who's getting a solar queen housewarming gift? ha! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that goodness on Little Island?!? How fun. I was wondering if striped beach tents were really still used -- good to know that they are. Glad to know that the weather has cleared up so they can be used properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the winners. Wow don't you live in a beautiful part of the world. Its always been a place we wanted to visit, but having our children spread over the world, our holidays are spent visiting them.... luckily they also live in beautiful cities so its not really a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I knew your little corner of the world had some great looking beaches - from your header, but I had no idea it had such charming towns as well. I SO need to fit more travel into my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! Congratulations to the winners - always like to see people I know win too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm baaaack!
    Gorgeous photos. I am coming for a visit and may never return home again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are beautiful! Where is your little island? I've also seen a little solar corgi whose head bobbles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is your little island? It looks lovely. We are waiting to see if my partner is successful for a job on Isle of Wight. Fingers crossed!
    My partner came home with a blue frock Queen for me, I love it but often not enough direct sun to have her waving. Need to move her to a better window ledge.
    Cheers
    Lush

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10