Monday 4 April 2011

What's your number?

The Japanese earthquake and resultant tsunami may not be headline news anymore but that doesn't mean the problem has gone away:


  • 29,000 - the number of people either dead or missing

  • 23 - the years worth of debris that was dumped on just one area affected by the  tsunami  

  • 3 - the number of years it will take to clear up the mess

  • 500,000 - the number of households still without running water 

  • 1,200 - the number of years since the last time an earthquake of this magnitude hit Japan

  • 800 - the average number of kilometers per hour that a tsunami races across an ocean

  • 800 - the average kilometers per hour cruising speed of an aircraft

  •  10 - the small amount in US dollars it'll cost you to enter the Modern Relief raffle to be in with a chance of winning any number of lovely quilts that have been donated. All monies raised are going to Mercy Corps, one of a number of charities currently directing help to Japan

  • 6.37 - the amount in UK pounds to enter the Modern Relief raffle...






I've donated this one:












My number is 21P44769C8249192L

What's yours?

2 comments:

  1. I've just made a donation for 2 tickets to Modern Relief Japan. I will be delighted to win any of the lovely quilts shown today, but yours is especially lovely. I love flowery prints & bright colours. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my favorite quilt! Hope I win, I am #9V0669366C632253G :-) Love your stats.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10